Saturday, March 05, 2005

Breakfast, Photographs and Lunch ...

It’s time to stop the madness ...

We’re still grazing from doggy bags. Breakfast this morning was leftover fried rice and pork chow main. Only two meats to go -- a Styrofoam clamshell with sweet and sour chicken and chow main plus rice, beans and a cup of Colina De Oro’s house salsa.

In case you miss the photographs, please be patient. It seems Blogger isn’t talking to Hello software right now. I’ll post photos as soon as I can.

Leftover London broil sandwiches hit the spot for lunch. Today, I spread yogurt-horseradish sauce on whole wheat bread in place of my customary mayonnaise and yellow mustard. The sauce was a hit.

I originally made the sauce for the forthcoming picture of last night’s dinner. But I read the instructions after I assembled the recipe. That’s when I discovered that I had missed the crucial step to drain the yogurt. It has a slight yogurt aftertaste, but that may go away when I prepare the sauce properly.

Here’s the recipe in case you’re interested. I’ll report back when I make it right.

YOGURT-HORSERADISH SAUCE

1 pound plain yogurt
2 tablespoons horseradish
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash white pepper

In strainer lined with a coffee filter and set over a bowl, drain yogurt for two hours. Discard liquid, place yogurt in bowl and fold in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. Serve on baked potatoes or use as a sandwich spread.

Recipe by the United States Potato Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment