Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spike camp on the Trigo Incident

Even though it's a bit early to be reporting on fire camp kitchens in Northern California, they're right on time in New Mexico. InciWeb.org is reporting six major wildland fires in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. The kitchen is feeding the 506 firefighters who're working to contain the 4,600-acre fire in the Cibola National Forest.

The Pima and Southern Pueblos Agency fire crews pick breakfast up after working on the fire line all night. Usually, meals are assembled at the base camp kitchen and transported (by truck or helo) to spike camps located close to the fire line. Joneen Cockman is the food unit leader for the fire.

Photograph by L. Kearns.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Leslie, I have 3 chuckwagons for sale. I operated my own catering and promotions company for 20 years. retiring to vancouver island. the wagons are in alberta near Calgary, Canada.
    They are equipped with various peieces of equipment. grills, refrigeration/ cooler, warming ovens and water system with sink.
    I have photos. If you are interested in viewing, email me at
    k.benner@hotmail.com
    I was health board approved to do full catering on site.

    side note:my husband used to work for Alberta Forestry fighting fires.

    Love to hear from you

    ReplyDelete