Monday, March 16, 2009

Crown of old men

Children’s children are the crown of old men,
And the glory of children is their father.
--Proverbs 17:6
After raising three children, our daughters have blessed Debbie and me with three wonderful grandchildren.

Being away from them most of the time can be difficult at times. Since it's always a challenge to encourage them to visit us, we travel to the Bay Area to see the children every two months.

I look forward for the times when I can see them sitting in the pew, learning to workshop God with respect and honoring His name. It gives me a smile when I watch them them holding their hands together during prayer or singing in a loud voice, "Who will follow Jesus, who will make reply, 'I am on my Lord's side, Master here am I'?"

These are times that bring a tear to my eye ...

No comments:

Post a Comment