Saturday, August 06, 2011

Braised beef with summer vegetables video

Here's my first attempt at a cooking video. While I don't expect it'll go viral anytime soon, I think I did an okay job. I'll let you judge. I shot it with my cell phone camera. I'd appreciate your feedback.


Chef Steven Karoly cooks a wonderful pot of braised beef with summer vegetables for the El Dorado Western Railroad. Located in the historic town of El Dorado, California, the railroad is a program of the El Dorado County Historical Museum. The maintenance of way crew enjoyed a succulent pot of beef with fresh corn-on-the-cob, new red potatoes, green beans and grape tomatoes. Flavored in a reduced chicken stock, rosemary and garlic rounded out the flavor profile.

4 comments:

  1. man, that looked really good. made me hungry! lol. how come you did'nt add some wine? the sound kept going louder each time you put something in. started low and then would blast your voice at me. but it was really clear. jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine would've been good in the broth, Jana. I didn't because alcohol is a big no-no around railroad crews.

    Thanks for the note on the sound. I'll have to listen to it again once I get near a high-speed connection. I turned the volume down on most clips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time reader of your site. Nice job on the video. How did the corn on the cob turn out?
    Again, thanks for your site and I especially appreciate your commitment to our Lord.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Scott. The corn was good and infused with all the flavors from the stew.

    ReplyDelete