Saturday, March 29, 2008

Creamy Artichoke Dip

You might say that I'm a snackaholic. I often use snacks, like chips and dip, to bridge the gap between lunch and dinner. This recipe was printed in Sunset Magazine in March 2007. I've since added it to my snack collection.

CREAMY ARTICHOKE DIP

I use a stand mixer to mix the dip because I don't own a food processor. For a creamier dip, whirl all ingredients in a food processor bowl until smooth and creamy.

8 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and finely chopped
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 small garlic clove, minced

Place all ingredients a mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment at medium speed until smooth and chill. Makes 1-1/2 cups. Serve with crackers, crostini, fresh vegetables or dip chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment