Friday, April 10, 2009

New boots ...

Since I intend to wear my new boots on the job this summer, I started the break-in process with a brisk walk down to Webber Creek this afternoon.


That new boot smell
Originally uploaded by SeabeeCook
I've always like the idea of shopping in local stores for goods and services. While I thing some go to far with the concept, it does add to the charm and character of the community when you patronize local restaurants and shops.

I've searched for a local shoe store for some time. Just when I though I'd have to settle of the Big 5 store in town, our local shoe repair guy told be about Evergreen Footwear.

As I picked a pair of my steel-toed Seabee combat boots this morning, I asked cobbler Walt Grace to refer me to a shoe store. I needed a pair of boots for work and hiking for my job this summer.

At first, Walt pointed me to Arian's Supply Sergeant on Main Street. Although I buy my annual pair of Levis 501 blue jeans in the surplus store, the referral didn't thrill me. I don't see Arian's as a shoe store.

As we talked, Walt quickly mentioned Evergreen Footwear. Located across Broadway from Save Mart in Placerville. While the shoe store seems to cater to women, it does have a fair selection of men's shoes, including a new offering of Wolverine boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment