Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Comdr. Duane G. Wolfe, CEC, USNR

I learned yesterday that shipmate and brother-in-Christ Duane Wolfe was killed Monday in the line of duty in Iraq. Duane and I served together in Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 17 in the 1980s and early 1990s as chief petty officers. He later promoted in to the officer ranks in the Navy Civil Engineer Corps.

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a sailor who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe, 54, of Port Hueneme, Calif., died May 25, 2009, from injuries suffered as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah. Wolfe was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Steve. Duane was also a friend. I was fortunate to have met him thru our work as civilians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Steven - my condolences to you and my respect & appreciation for your service (and all those who've served before us)

    [CDR Duane G. Wolfe]
    With great sadness in learning of this tragedy and the loss of such a superb person. An exemplary man with so many good qualities - that without any doubt, anyone fortunate to have spent any time with CDR Duane G. Wolfe was sure to have learned from him something in qualities of friendship, honesty, leadership, caring, and his unselfish and most truest desire to have anybody around him excel, find success and joy in life.

    My felt condolences to CDR Duane G. Wolfe's family, many friends, colleagues, and shipmates everywhere.

    I will always remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Steve. I have the utmost respect and admiration for ALL the men and women who serve in our armed forces. I had a Grfather (WW 2) Father (Korea) and brother (Panama) and now a nephew (Iraq) that have served our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad to hear. My prayers go out to his family. As Christians it seems a little less of a tragedy when one of our brothers or sisters goes to be with the Lord.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Duane's sister, Loretta, I thank you for your kind words about my brother. I was blessed to have him as my brother. Looking down from heaven, he would say what's all the hoopla, I didn't do anymore than any other soldier of war. He not only spoke of his faith, he talked the talk, and walked the walk. 53 years of my life has been blessed with his presence. For that I am eternally greatful.
    God Bless all of you.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete