Monday, July 17, 2006

Big Blue and White Pizza Bus

I'd rather ride on the back of Douglas Coffin's Big Green Pizza Truck than to face El Dorado Transit bus 9506 again. (See this blog for a January story.)

With the A/C on working poorly, Sacramento Commuter No. 3 bus became the Big Blue and White Pizza Bus (my apologies to Doug for the analogy!).

The mercury tipped the scales at 109 degrees this afternoon in the river city. I believe it's the hottest day of the year so far.

I suspect that the A/C in the bus couldn't handle the heat. The air blowing on my head actually got cooler as we approached Placerville at 5:30 p.m., with the thermometer hovering somewhere around the its high of 105.

It was more like a Big Blue and White Bread Oven Bus at that point.

Placerville temperatures are expected to plunge to the low 100s for the remainder of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment